Government Procurement is defined as the acquisition of goods, works and services utilizing the public funds.
There are ten principles that govern the GOJ procurement. They are:
- Value for Money
Under the Public Procurement Act (PPA) the following offices will be established?
- The Office of Public Procurement (OPP)
- The Public Procurement Commission (PPC)
- Public Appeals Board (PAB)
The Office of Public Procurement
The Office of Public Procurement will be established under the direction of the Financial Secretary of the Ministry of Finance. The core functions of this Office will be as listed below:
- Development of the public procurement policy,
- Providing policy advice and training to persons participating in public procurement
- Providing policy implementation guidance
Please visit the houses of parliament website to download your copy of the PPA http://www.japarliament.gov.jm