We combine professionalism and expertise in pursuit of sound socio economic and financial policies for achievement of sustainable growth and development.
The main objectives of the Ministry are to:
- achieve and maintain Debt and Fiscal Sustainability.
- achieve an efficient and equitable tax system.
- ensure effectively regulated financial institutions and combat financial crimes.
- maintain a rational remuneration and stable industrial relations climate in the Public Sector
- improve public financial management toward higher levels of transparency and compliance with international best practices
- promote a more efficient, effective and responsive, and service oriented MoFP.
One of the Government’s main objectives is to create a society in which each citizen has every prospect of a better quality of life. The Ministry of Finance and Planning plays a critical role by providing the necessary financial and economic policy framework and allocating resources to facilitate the provision of public services.
The Ministry’s customer service will be built on the following values:
- Mutual respect
A Centre of Excellence that enables sustainable growth and development through sound policy, planning and quality service delivery.