Fiscal Policy Management Unit
This unit formulates and manages fiscal policy consistent with the macroeconomic objectives.
- Liaises with international and domestic institutions with regards to fiscal policy formulation and management.
- Provides analyses and recommendations on fiscal and other macroeconomic issues
- Monitors fiscal and other macroeconomic performance.
- Provides advice on international economic issues as they relate to Jamaica or the Caribbean region.
Debt Management Branch (DMB)
The mandate of the DMB is to raise adequate levels of financing for the Government’s Budget at minimum costs. At the same time, the objective is to pursue strategies to ensure that the public debt progresses to and is maintained at sustainable levels over the medium term.
DMB’s main role:
- To Formulate and implement the Government’s debt policy and strategy.
- Fostering the development of the Local Capital Market.
- Registration, payment and certificate issuance of Government securities.
- Recording, monitoring, analyzing and managing the national public debt.
Loan Administration Monitoring and Disbursement Unit
- Provides analyses relating to the negotiation of terms and conditions under multilateral and bilateral programmes.
- Executes Loan and Grant Agreements on behalf of the Government of Jamaica.
- Monitors conditions precedent to the disbursement of funds and other administrative matters relating to external loans (public, direct and guaranteed) and grants to the Government of Jamaica.
- Monitors implementation of government projects, which are financed via external sources
- Processing of disbursement requests under all externally funded projects.
International Financial Institutions Unit (IFI)
The IFI Unit monitors the activities of international, regional financial and trade institutions with which Jamaica maintains membership and also ensures the fulfillment of membership obligations while accessing the benefits accruing to membership.
Major functions include :
- Preparing Cabinet Submissions, reports, researched position papers and Ministry responses on different matters pertaining to the International Institutions which impact Jamaica’s policy making processes; Summarizing and analyzing documents from these Institutions and providing advise on related matters.
- Maintaining record of periodic payments made to International Financial Institutions and making requests for specific payments as well as annual projections for budgetary purposes;
- Participating in the formulation of Jamaica’s policies and ensuring that the executive and legislative processes relating to the International Financial Institutions in which Jamaica has membership are in place for continued flow of benefits.