STRATEGIC PLANNING & REFORM
The ministry's corporate planning and reform initiatives are carried out by the Strategic Planning & Reform unit (SPRU) of the Division. Its key operational areas include:
- Corporate and Strategic Planning which involves coordinating and leading the preparation of the annual strategic and operational plans of the Ministry.
- Performance Monitoring & Evaluation which entails monitoring and reviewing programme performance across the ministry and its departments.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT UNIT
The Human Resource Management and Development Unit (HRM&D) is responsible for the implementation of human resource management and development policies within the context of the public service regulatory framework within which it operates.
The three (3) key areas of operations are:
- Human Resource Management Section- is the section that deals with the administration of issues relating to recruitment, selection and placement, orientation, compensation, performance management, organization development, safety, wellness, benefits and grievance management.
- Human Resource Development Section- The section’s responsibilities include overseeing the design, development and implementation of relevant training programmes to meet the training needs of the Ministry and those of the Financial Investigations Division (FID), Revenue Protection Division (RPD) and the Accountant General’s Department.
- Organization and Methods Section- the section’s key responsibilities include the rationalization and alignment of divisional structures, development and/or review of work processes, job descriptions, policies and procedures and the maintenance of the operational manuals. It is also responsible for monitoring the implementation of the Ministry’s Performance Management & Appraisal Systems.
The information management function facilitates the achievement of the ministry’s objectives through the development & maintenance of information technology systems, the timely dissemination of accurate information and effective records management. The key functions are executed by the Information Systems Unit, Communication & Public Relations Unit, and the Documentation & Information Access Unit.
Information Systems - supports the ministry by providing cutting edge information communication technology support systems, equipment and procedures. Its key responsibilities are carried out through three units i.e. application engineering, client support and technical support.
Communications & Public Relations– This unit is responsible for the timely dissemination of relevant information about government policies, programmes and initiatives to the public, media, ministries, departments/agencies (MDAs), international organizations and non-governmental organizations.
Documentation Information & Access Services
This branch comprises the Library and Information Services, Access to Information and Records Management. Its key responsibilities include:
- Effective records management which facilitates the timely identification, dissemination and disposition of records;
- Facilitating research and reference services to individuals and organizations, maximizing the availability of sources through archival finding aids, consultations and guidance;
- Promoting accountability and transparency by facilitating efficient access to information within the context of the law.
PHYSICAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
The management of the ministry’s physical resources are carried out by the two branches namely the Procurement Property & Office Services and the Transport, Security & Emergency Management.
Procurement, Property & Office Services
The Procurement, Property & Office Services Unit is responsible for maintenance of the grounds and buildings, managing refurbishing projects, procurement of goods and services and providing efficient office and business services. The functions are carried out in three sections:
- Property Management
- Office Services.
Transport, Security & Emergency Management
The Transport, Security and Emergency Management Branch supports the ministry’s programmes and activities through the provision of effective security, transportation and emergency management services. Its key responsibilities are carried out within three main areas:
- Transportation Services
- Disaster Preparedness and Emergency Management