Under the general direction of the Director, Enterprise Risk Management, the Enterprise Risk Management Analyst is responsible for facilitating the identification, evaluation and analysis of risks inherent to the operations of the MOFPS and formulating, implementing and evaluating risk management strategies to efficiently and cost effectively manage these risks.
The incumbent assists the Senior Director in providing support to the Management team in ensuring the MOFPS is compliant with regulations, legislature, policies, procedures and standards. The incumbent also participates in educating and advising management and staff on risk management objectives.
- Information/documentation on risk scenarios collected and reviewed
- Potential threats and vulnerabilities identified
- Strategic and Operational Risk Register updated and maintained
- Risk scenarios assembled and analysed
- Key Risk Indicators (KPIs) collected, validated and monitored
- Risk Reported
- Annual/Quarterly/Monthly/Periodic Reports prepared
- Advice and interpretation provided
- Individual Work plan developed
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Collects information and reviews documentation to ensure that risk scenarios are identified and evaluated;
- Identifies legal, regulatory and contractual requirements and organizational policies and standards related to the Ministry’s operations to determine their potential impact on the business objectives;
- Identifies potential threats and vulnerabilities for business processes, associated data and supporting capabilities to assist in the evaluation of enterprise risk;
- Implements the ERM framework and ongoing ERM practices suitable for the requirements of the MOFPS;
- Updates and maintains a Strategic and Operational Risk Register to ensure that all identified risk factors are accounted for;
- Assembles and analyses risk scenarios to determine the likelihood and impact of significant events to the Ministry’s business objectives;
- Correlates identified risk scenarios to relevant business processes to assist in identifying risk ownership;
- Validates risk appetite and tolerance with senor leadership and key stakeholders to ensure alignment;
- Assists in the development of a risk awareness programme and conduct training to ensure that stakeholders understand risk and contribute to the risk management process and to promote a risk-aware culture;
- Identifies and evaluates risk response options and provides Executive Management with information to enable risk response decisions;
- Participates in the review of risk responses with the relevant stakeholders for validation of efficiency, effectiveness and economy;
- Applies risk criteria to assist in the development of the risk profile for Executive Management approval;
- Assists in the development of risk response action plans to address risk factors identified in the organizational risk profile;
- Collects and validates data that measure Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) to monitor and communicate their status to relevant stakeholders;
- Monitor and communicate Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and management activities to assist relevant stakeholders in their decision-making process;
- Facilitates independent risk assessments and risk management process reviews to ensure they are performed efficiently and effectively;
- Identifies and reports on risk, including compliance, to initiate corrective action and meet business and regulatory requirements;
- Influences and when necessary, challenges decisions that give rise to material risks;
- Builds awareness of business continuity and disaster recovery risks, including encouraging the preparation of business continuity and disaster recovery management plans.
- Develops Individual Work Plans based on alignment to the overall plan for the section;
- Participates in meetings, seminars, workshops and conferences as required;
- Prepares reports and programme documents as required.
Human Resources Responsibilities
- Contributes to and maintains a system that fosters a culture of teamwork, employee empowerment and commitment to the Division’s and organization’s goals;
- Assists with the preparation and conducts presentations on role of Division/Unit for the Orientation and Onboarding programme.
Customer Service Responsibilities
- Maintains customer service principles, standards and measurements;
- Identifies and incorporates the interests and needs of customers in business process design;
- Ensures critical success factors are identified and meets expectations;
- Prepares quarterly and/or annually Customer Service reports in accordance with established standards.
- Performs all other duties and functions as may be required from time to time.
- Information/documentation on risk scenarios collected and reviewed in accordance with established procedures agreed timeframes;
- Potential threats and vulnerabilities identified in keeping with risk management principles and practices;
- Strategic and Operational Risk Register updated and maintained in accordance recognised risk management principles and timeframes;
- Risk scenarios assembled and analysed in keeping with agreed standards and timeframes;
- Key Risk Indicators (KPIs) collected, validated and monitored in accordance with agreed standards and timeframes;
- Risk reported prepared and provided within allotted timeframes;
- Annual/Quarterly/Monthly/Periodic Reports prepared;
- Technical advice and recommendations provided are sound and supported by qualitative/quantitative data;
- Individual work plans conform to established procedures and implemented accorded to establish rules;
- Reports are evidence-based and submitted in a timely manner;
- Confidentiality, integrity and professionalism displayed in the delivery of duties and interaction with staff.
- Recommends Key Risk Indicators (KRIs)
- Recommends risk management strategies and programmes;
- Recommends strategic direction of Branch.
- Excellent interpersonal and team management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong customer relations skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Ability to influence and motivate others
- Proficiency in the use of relevant computer applications
- Sound understanding of enterprise risk management frameworks and tools
- Must be able to demonstrate a broad technical knowledge and expertise covering conduct of business matters, corporate governance matters and regulatory risk and regulatory change matters
- Practical and commercial approach to problem solving
- Sound understanding of Research Methodology
- Excellent capability to track policies/programmes/project benefits realization and lessons learnt activities to feed into on-going improvements
- Ability to monitor and report on programme/project budgets
- Advanced IT skills in relation to Word, PowerPoint, Excel and MS Project or other project tool
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Studies, Public Administration, Business Administration or a related discipline;
- Specialized training in Risk Management;
- Three (3) years related experience.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE JOB
- Work will be conducted in an office outfitted with standard office equipment and specialized software. The environment is fast paced with on-going interactions with critical stakeholders and meeting tight deadlines which will result in high degrees of pressure, on occasions. May be required to travel locally and overseas to attend conferences, seminars and meetings.
- Salary range $2,453,125 – $2,915,995 per annum and
- any allowance(s) attached to the post
Cover letters and resumes should be submitted no later than May 14, 2021
Please insert the job title of interest in the subject of your email to:
Senior Director, Human Resource Management and Development
Ministry of Finance and the Public Service
30 National Heroes Circle
Please visit our website at www.mof.gov.jm for the Job Descriptions
We thank everyone who expresses an interest; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.