Under the supervision of the Director, Human Resource Management & Administration Branch, the Manager, Administration and Office Services is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling all centralized administrative functions of the Public Procurement Commission, as well as proper and adequate security arrangements.
A. Management/Administrative Responsibilities
- Contributes to preparation of the budget and corporate plan for the Branch.
- Liaises with the Manager, Public Procurement Section and Director, Finance and Accounts Unit to ensure that bills submitted for suppliers of goods and services are processed and payments made.
- Prepared and submits reports timely.
- Establishes administrative systems to ensure adequate services are available in the areas of photocopying and internal mail distribution and monitors effectiveness of the services.
- Manages the PPC’s inventory management system ensuring adequate levels of supplies for efficient operations in conjunction with the Public Procurement Section.
- Prepares and maintains an up-to-date inventory for all furniture, equipment and machines in the office.
- Establishes security guidelines for security personnel.
B. Technical/Professional Responsibilities
- Provides suitable office accommodation for all members of staff.
- Liaises with relevant Branch/Unit/Section heads for the purchase of new office furniture/equipment or to arrange for the repairs/service same as per the guidelines set out by the Ministry of Finance and the Public Service.
- Monitors and supervises security personnel assigned to the Commission.
- Ensures that stationery/printing/cleaning supplies, first aid and toiletries are provided in adequate supply.
- Ensures that the office is well maintained at all times, and to make arrangements for necessary repairs to be done as, and when required.
- Monitors the performance of PPC service contractors to ensure adherence to contracts, service delivery deadlines and quality control.
- Ensures that all insurances etc. on building and fixtures, motor vehicles, etc, are current as prescribed by Law.
C. Human Resources Responsibilities
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of direct reports, prepares performance appraisals and recommend and/or initiates corrective action where necessary to improve performance and/or attaining established personal and/or organizational goals.
- Participates in the recruitment of staff for the Section and recommends promotion, termination and leave in accordance with established human resource policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership and guidance to direct reports through effective planning, delegation, communication, training, mentoring and coaching.
- Ensures the welfare and developmental needs of staff in the Section are clearly identified and addressed.
The Incumbent is required to demonstrate the following competencies at the level established within the Competency Framework:
- Knowledge of operations of Government/Knowledge of the Commission’s policies and procedures
- Strong leadership skills
- Good customer relation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills
- Good problem solving and conflict management skills
- Proficient in the use of the relevant computer applications
- Good planning and organizing
- Good negotiating and persuading skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experiences
- First Degree in Management Studies/ Public Administration/Personnel Management/ Business Administration
- At least three (3) years on the job experience at Supervisory level or performing related functions.
- Diploma in Management Studies/ Public Administration/Personnel Management /Business Administration.
- At least Five (5) years on the job experience at Supervisory level or performing related functions.
- salary range $2,023,418 - $2,405,208 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post
Applications accompanied by résumés should be submitted no later than Friday, 7th August 2020 to:
Executive Director Public Procurement Commission 3rd Floor, PanJam Building, 60 Knutsford Boulevard, Kingston 5 E-mail: email@example.com
Please note that we thank all persons for responding, but only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.