Under the direction of the Deputy Financial Secretary, Corporate Planning and Administration, the Senior Director Human Resource Management and Development (HRM&D) is responsible for leading and managing Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment and productivity as well as the ongoing development of a superior workforce planning, directing, and promoting the development and implementation of strategic HR policies, programmes and related interventions leading to the improved management of the Ministry's human resource.
• To manage the development and implementation of a strategic Human Resource Management framework for the Ministry
• To manage the development, implementation and maintenance of human resource (HR) policies and services to foster optimal staff involvement and to promote business success
• To develop, implement and maintain talent acquisition policy to guide manpower and workforce planning/ forecasting processes for the Ministry
• To undertake duties and responsibilities consequent on the delegation of the HR functions.
• To guide the provision of training and development for staff thereby ensuring that a skilled work force is provided.
• To support and assist the restructuring and reorganization of units and divisions to ensure that the relevant transition programmes are in place.
• To implement and monitor the Performance Management Improvement System within the Ministry.
• To promote/enhance employee/industrial relations framework and processes within the Ministry.
• To manage and administer the Ministry's change management activities with specific focus on the people side of change
• To manage the development and implementation of occupational, health, and safety framework and programmes
• To lead and manage the Human Resource Management Unit in the achievement of strategic objectives.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Demonstrated skill in interpreting and applying policies and regulations
• Negotiation and Mediation skills
• Excellent knowledge of Government of Jamaica Human Resource Management policies and guidelines
• A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process
• Excellent active listening skills
• Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
• Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
• Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
• Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
• Ability to work and communicate with all levels
• Good knowledge of Public Service Regulations and Staff Orders
• Good knowledge of Labor Laws and Industrial Relations practices
• Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Analytical and critical thinking skills
• Planning & Organizing
• Interpersonal Skills
• Negotiating and Persuading
• Problem Solving and Analysis
• Strategic Management
• People Management
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Masters of Science Degree in Human Resource Management/Public Sector Management or equivalent qualifications
• At least five (5) years' experience in the Human Resource Management
• Training in Change Management
Salary: $3,394,286 - $4,034,739 per annum
Travelling: $1,697,148 per annum
Interested persons should forward their applications and resume NO LATER THAN
Monday December 9, 2019 to the: -
Acting Senior Director, Human Resource Management & Development Branch
Ministry of Finance & the Public Service
30 National Heroes Circle
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.