Effective January 1, 2018, contributions normally paid directly to the CHASE Fund account at NCB are changed to a fee that is to be paid directly to Tax Administration Jamaica (TAJ).
Changes to Payments for CHASE Contributions
- Contributions normally paid to CHASE Fund's NCB bank account are now to be paid at Tax Administration Jamaica (TAJ).
- Contributions to the CHASE Fund will now be referred to as "Fees payable to the Collector of Taxes" and these fees will now be related to the Consolidated Fund.
- The Returns used for filing will include the contributions, now called "fees" as follows:
License Type Return Form Tax rate payable up to 12/31/2017 Contribution payable to CHASE Fund up to 12/31/2017 Tax rate payable to TAJ effective 1/1/2018 Bookmaker (Sports Betting) BT06 7% 1% 8% Gaming GT01 6.5% 1% 7.5%
- Lottery Promoters should note:
- The Weekly Return Form LT01 is amended to include the new SECTION E - FEES where the fees payable are declared.
- The portion of Unclaimed Winnings normally paid to CHASE Fund is now to be paid using TAJ's Payment Advice.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Betting Gaming & Lotteries Commission
78 CEF Hagley Park Road, Kingston 10, Jamaica W.I.