The International Seabed Authority (ISA) has informed that pursuant to the terms of the contract for exploration for cobalt-rich ferromanganese crusts between ISA and the Japan Oil, Gas and Metals National Corporation (JOGMEC), three places will be made available for candidates from developing States on board a research vessel for the duration of forty days.
JOGMEC will cover a round trip airline ticket, and provide local travel, meals and accommodation in Japan and on-board within the scope of the training programme ,as well as travel insurance with medical coverage.
- Must hold a degree in science or engineering
- Have at least one year work experience in the relevant field
- Have sufficient knowledge of English
- Have good mental and physical health
- Be less than 40years of age
- Have seagoing experience