To provide Leadership and direction in respect of the corporate functions that support the strategic objectives of the Ministry. This includes, ensuring that the corporate directorates develop and implement policies that support achievement of the Ministry's strategic objectives and that the Divisions/Units within the Ministry are provided with effective and efficient corporate services. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating and monitoring the activities of the Division in order to ensure that objectives and targets are met.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- To provide leadership and promote development of the corporate/strategic plans of the Ministry and its departments/agencies.
- To provide strategic direction and advice to the Financial Secretary and the Minister (s) on all matters affecting corporate policy and services within the Ministry.
- To implement procedures, systems and operating guidelines that support the operations of the Ministry.
- To co-ordinate the development and implementation of a comprehensive human resource strategy within the Ministry that facilitates achievement of the corporate objectives.
- To ensure that property and office services are provided in a cost effective manner that supports the efficient and effective operation of the Ministry.
- To ensure that cost effective and reliable security, disaster management and transport services are provided for the Ministry.
- To facilitate the provision/maintenance of information technology systems that transform and modernize the operations of the Ministry.
- To co-ordinate the Records Management function of the Ministry in order to ensure that reliable and accurate information is provided to the general public in keeping with best practices in records management and also to support the decision making process.
- To facilitate the provision/development of timely and cost-effective public relations and communication strategies by the Ministry.
Specific Skills and Knowledge:
- The incumbent will need to keep abreast of developments and trends globally in the finance and business administration.
- Information Technology as a tool to assist top management is essential.
- Expert knowledge of Human Resources Management practices and Administrative management
- Extensive experience of GoJ operations and of public sector issues;
- Sound knowledge of the Government planning and policy setting process;
- Knowledge of trends and international best practice in corporate governance for the public sector.
- Strategic Management – Should have the ability to think strategically, plan and set realistic objectives and develop a course of action to manage and achieve the organization's goals;
- Planning & Organizing - Good planning and organizing skills
- Leadership – Should have the ability to provide direction, allocate responsibilities and delegate and motivate staff;
- People Management – Excellent people management skills
- Problem Solving & Analysis - Logical problem solving and analytical skills
- Communication - Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Initiative & Judgment - Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment
- Interpersonal Skills – Should be able to interact co-operatively with others and build long term internal and external relationships;
- Quality of Output - Deliver output of a consistently high quality
- Negotiation – Possess the ability to promote ideas, convince others and gain agreement on proposals, plans and activities.
- Bachelors Degree Business Administration/Human Resource or Public Administration;
- 10 years' experience in Human Resource Management/Administration /Operations Management
- A minimum of 6 years' experience at a senior level.
- Masters degree in Business Administration/Human Resource or Public Administration;
- 6 years' experience in Human Resource Management/Administration /Operations Management
- A minimum of 4 years' experience at a senior level.
- Salary $ 3,798,856.00- $4,515,646.00 per annum
- Traveling $1,542,864.00 per annum.
Interested persons should forward their applications and resume no later than Friday, January 25, 2019 to:
Acting Senior Director - Human Resource Management & Development
Ministry of Finance & the Public Service
30 National Heroes Circle
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.