The incumbent will assist the Director, International Financial Institutions by ensuring that all the measures required to fulfill executive and legislative processes regarding the work of IFI and membership obligations have been satisfactorily implemented and completed.
- Prepare Cabinet Submissions, Ministry Papers, Promissory Notes and other relevant documents related to legislative process and communicating to relevant bodies as required
- Initiate and follow to completion the legislative and executive procedures required in the fulfillment of Jamaica's membership obligations to international institutions with the Attorney General's Office.
- Monitor and maintain records of periodic payments made to International Financial Institutions and prepare cash flow and annual payment projections for budgetary purposes in consultation with PEX
- Ensuring subscription payments made, reconciliation of data and accounting information and Promissory Notes issued and cancelled
- Assist through research and analysis in the preparation of relevant reports and through the Head of Unit, contribute to the formulation of Jamaica's position on international, economic financial and trade related issues.
- Interfacing and attending meetings with internal and external clients and stakeholders and through the Head of Unit, contribute to policy formulation or decision making
Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to undertake economic research and analyze varied data would be an asset.
- Knowledge of global political issues and economic affairs would be an asset
- Knowledge of the Operations of GOJ Ministries, Departments and Agencies
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors' degree in Economics/International Relations or equivalent qualifications
- Three (3) years related experience
Salary $144,292 - $1,716,809
Travelling: $707,448 per annum
Interested persons should forward their applications and resume October 18, 2018 to the
Human Resource Management & Development Branch
Ministry of Finance & the Public Service
30 National Heroes Circle
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.