To provide technical support that contributes to the improvement of the Ministry's policy relationship with international and regional institutions in finance, trade and development.
- To oversee and effect necessary procedures to fulfill the executive and legislative requirements regarding international financial institutions on behalf of the Ministry and the Government of Jamaica (GOJ).
- To oversee and implement measures to monitor Jamaica's membership obligations and relations to particular international organizations to maintain benefits.
- To provide strategic policy advice, formulate and propose positions on international financial and trade related issues through the preparation of briefs, position papers for internal and external clients.
- To formulate, develop and provide input to inform the MOFPS's contribution to Jamaica's broad international policy position, through collaboration with public and private sector entities.
- To implement and oversee measures to monitor and advice on the status of Jamaica's payments, as well as arrangements made with International Financial Institutions (IFIs) for settling arrears in subscriptions and contributions.
- To manage the Branch toward the achievement of the above-mentioned strategic objectives.
Specific Knowledge and Skills
- Sound knowledge of the GOJ's foreign policy;
- Sound practical knowledge of macroeconomics, public sector economics, accounting and attendant quantitative tools;
- Sound knowledge of fiscal and economic history of Jamaica and context for current situation;
- Excellent practical knowledge of inter-sector macro-linkages and linkages between fiscal and monetary policies;
- Excellent up-to-date awareness of the forces shaping the international environment and the implications for Jamaica's economic prospects and emerging challenges;
- Sound practical knowledge of the process, methods and tools used in economic and fiscal forecasting, stress testing baseline solutions and impact analyses;
- Sound practical knowledge of the process, methods and tools used in the preparation of Debt Sustainability Assessments;
- Sound practical knowledge of financial administration legislation, including in respect of fiscal targets and commitments;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (including Word and Excel) and other software required for economic and fiscal analyses and for secure database management and electronic information exchanges.
Qualifications and Experience
- Masters Degree in Economics/Public Finance/International Relations or equivalent qualifications
- Seven (7) to eight (8) years' experience in policy design and implementation, quantitative research/analysis.
Salary: $2,246,451 - $2,670,325 per annum
Travelling: $707,448 per annum.
Interested persons should forward their applications and resume October 18, 2018 to the
Human Resource Management & Development Branch
Ministry of Finance & the Public Service
30 National Heroes Circle
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.